Re: Can citeproc be installed without using MELPA? (was: @string abbrevi

From: András Simonyi
Subject: Re: Can citeproc be installed without using MELPA? (was: @string abbreviation in bib file not honored in (basic) org-cite)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:23:34 +0200

Dear All,

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 at 04:05, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Then, I am wondering if parsebib can be added to ELPA or at least
> >> non-GNU ELPA. The same can be said for all other dependencies of
> >> citeproc.el and for citeproc itself.

> non-GNU ELPA is also fine. The idea is to avoid asking users to add
> extra package repo configuration.

Since the dash library, which is heavily used in citeproc-el, has been
added to GNU ELPA, if parsebib also becomes available in non-GNU ELPA
then I don't so any serious problem with adding citeproc-el to the
latter as well -- the use of the "s" string processing library would
still need to be eliminated but this would require only relatively
minor changes.

best wishes,
András