Re: Confused about source code blocks evaluation when exporting

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: Confused about source code blocks evaluation when exporting
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 08:48:03 +0200

Rudolf Adamkovič writes on Thu 14 Jul 2022 08:06:
 > Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:
 >
 > > Org evaluates source code blocks in an Org file during export.
 >
 > I have just tried to export the following document:
 >
 > #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports both
 > (+ 1 1)
 > #+end_src
 >
 > The exported HTML file contains the expression '(+ 1 1)' along with
 > '2', its value.  It follows that Emacs does evaluate source blocks
 > on export.

Yes, but it is because you used ':exports both'.  Without that, I only
have '(+ 1 1)'.  Would you not still speak about the "exported HTML
file"?

a.

(Thanks for the other precisions.)

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr