Re: org-table with different conventions: decimals

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-table with different conventions: decimals
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 23:02:09 +0000

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Now if I want to switch to the convention used in Germany (that might be
> relevant if I want to export it later to csv, but this is a different
> topic) does work in a strange way, any comments? [...]

Hi, Uwe,

If you only need to export to LaTeX you can load the siunitx package,
which not only fits the decimals perfectly in a table but you can also
define a value for the decimal sign that will be seen in the PDF.

It has a small drawback. Columns with numeric value (S) cannot contain
anything other than numbers. If you want to add an arbitrary text string
in one of those columns you must enclose that string in {}. That is, on
the org side it would be @@latex:{foo}@@

You can try this with your example:

#+LaTeX_Header: \usepackage{siunitx}
#+LaTeX_Header: \sisetup{detect-all}
#+LaTeX_Header: \sisetup{output-decimal-marker = {,}}

#+ATTR_LaTeX: :align SSS
| 3.5 | 4.2 | 7.7 |
#+TBLFM: $3=$1+$2

Best regards,