[export to CSV] (was: org-table with different conventions: decimals)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [export to CSV] (was: org-table with different conventions: decimals)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:20:38 +0200

>>> "JMM" == Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

Hi Juan Manuel

> Uwe Brauer writes:
>> Now if I want to switch to the convention used in Germany (that might be
>> relevant if I want to export it later to csv, but this is a different
>> topic) does work in a strange way, any comments? [...]

> Hi, Uwe,

> If you only need to export to LaTeX you can load the siunitx package,
> which not only fits the decimals perfectly in a table but you can also
> define a value for the decimal sign that will be seen in the PDF.

Thanks but I don't want to export the table to latex, instead I want to
export it to CSV and later import it into Scalc (LO).

So I think the correct way of dealing with this situation is not export
it with english convention to csv and then in Scalc set the default
language to German and import the csv as English (US).

That is a bit cumbersome, but doable.

Regards (take care with the heat if you live in Spain (not sure though))

Uwe