Re: discovering export (and other) keywords?

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: discovering export (and other) keywords?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:57:58 +0200

kevinbanjo writes on Mon 18 Jul 2022 05:10:
 > this page:
 >
 > https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-Replacement.html#index-macro-replacement_002c-during-export
 >
 > says:
 >
 > Org also recognizes macro references in keywords, such as ‘CAPTION’, ‘TITLE’,
 > ‘AUTHOR’, ‘DATE’, *and for some back-end specific export options.*
 >
 > How do I discover what those back end specific options are?

I am guessing it would be difficult to maintain a list of these
options.  On the other hand it should be quick for you to check for a
specific one.

 > Also, for various elements (e.g. begin_src emacs-lisp, begin_export html,
 > etc...) how do I discover what the acceptable keywords are, preferably
 > without only having to go thru the manual pages?

I don't think you can avoid going through the manual.  My experience
is that it is painful anyway.  I would advise you to start from the
few examples provided in the manual and try to adapt to your case;
when an (as simple as possible) example does not work as you would
expect, ask the list; there is a good chance that a good Samaritan
will have pity for you and answer.

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr