Re: org-cature-ref

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-cature-ref
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:40:52 +0800

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

> A couple of questions more:
>
> 1. In the examples at the beginning of the project's  github you have
> examples that have a combination of prperties and bibtex source, with
> preperties such as ID and CREATED. These could be helpful but I can't
> figure out how to add them with my limited knowledge.

Those are from my personal capture templates.
There is nothing fancy there. Just

"%{fetch-bibtex}* TODO %?%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :title)"
":PROPERTIES:"
":ID: %(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :key)"
":CREATED: %U"
":END:"
"#+begin_src bibtex"
"%(org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field :bibtex)"
"#+end_src bibtex"

> 2. When you write that there is support for Google Scholar "BiBTeX page",
> what do you mean? In a Google scholar search, if I click "Cite" and then
> choose BiBTeX, I don't get the expected result, but maybe you are referring
> to something else?

I am referring to what you said: "Cite" → "BibTeX". The opened page
should contain the BibTeX entry text. This page can be captured.

For example, the first item (Cite → BibTeX) in
https://scholar.google.com.sg/scholar?q=test

can be captured on my side.

I do not recommend this method though. Google Scholar does not provide
high quality BibTeX entries with DOI and sometimes provides plain wrong
entries.

Best,
Ihor