Re: org-set-properties for various (all) headings

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: org-set-properties for various (all) headings
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 10:05:40 +0200

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Two comments though
>>
>> 1. It works, if the source block is at the beginning of the file 😉
>>
>> 2. I confess I don't understand anymore the use of `(let ((el
>> (org-element-at-point)))':
>>
>> a. In your first version you used the defined «el», but know you
>> don't, hm just saying.

> That's because the first version used the actual headline title as a
> value of the property. That values had to be acquired somehow.
> org-element API was used.

I expressed myself rather badly

1.  First code

(defun test/set-property-at-heading ()
  "Function to be called at the beginning of an Org heading."
(interactive)
  (let ((el (org-element-at-point)))
    (org-set-property "foo" (org-element-property :title el))))
                                                         ^el is used
(org-map-entries #'test/set-property-at-heading)

2. Second code

(defun test/set-property-at-heading ()
  "Function to be called at the beginning of an Org heading."
  (interactive)
  (let ((el (org-element-at-point)))
        ^el is defined but not used.
    (org-set-property "New" "[ ]")))
(org-map-entries #'test/set-property-at-heading)

>> In any case thanks again for this very valuable advice. I suggest to
>> include it somehow in the documentation, since I believe that other
>> users have encountered similar situations.

> A.11 Using the Mapping API
> A.10 Using the Property API

Is this a reference to the manual?

🙄