Re: org-ref 3 setup

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: org-ref 3 setup
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 12:51:19 +0000

Le 20/07/2022 à 14:15, John Kitchin a écrit :
> I assume you are trying something new here?

Not really; my setup worked to export to pdf via latex with org-ref, but
it is no longer the case, and I do not know why.

> the problem is that block is executed and it should not be. That is a
> temporary bit of code for export within an org-file. the error comes
> from it trying to export an elisp file to pdf.
>
> The only correct thing you could do is this:
>
> (setq org-export-with-broken-links t
>        org-latex-pdf-process
>          '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -shell-escape
> -output-directory %o %f"
>           "bibtex %b"
>           "makeindex %b"
>           "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -shell-escape
> -output-directory %o %f"
>           "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -shell-escape
> -output-directory %o
> %f"))

Thanks ! now emacs --deamon works smoothly, but unfortunately I get this
message when I try to export my org file via pdflatex:

> Wrote
> /home/joseph/Dropbox/Mes_articles_soumis/jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr.tex
> Processing LaTeX file
> jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr.tex...
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.21 (TeX Live 2020/Debian)
> (preloaded format=pdflatex)
>  \write18 enabled.
> **
> ! End of file on the terminal... why?
> /bin/bash: ligne 2: -output-directory : commande introuvable
> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99d (TeX Live 2020/Debian)
> The top-level auxiliary file:
> jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr.aux
> The style file: smfplain.bst
> I found no \citation commands---while reading file
> jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr.aux
> I found no \bibdata command---while reading file
> jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr.aux
> (There were 2 error messages)
> Couldn't find input index file
> jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr nor
> jvr-bivalence-futurs-contingents-intuitionnisme-smfart-fr.idx.
> Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1
> ...]
> PDF file produced with errors.

The pdf file indeed is not what that could be expected.

:(

If I come back to

(let  ((org-export-with-broken-links t)
      (org-latex-pdf-process
        '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -shell-escape
-output-directory %o %f"
         "bibtex %b"
         "makeindex %b"
         "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -shell-escape -output-directory %o
%f"
         "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -shell-escape -output-directory %o
%f")))
   (org-open-file (org-latex-export-to-pdf)))

in ~/.emacs.d/personal/myorgexport.el

then emacs --daemon protests, but the export works correctly...

All the best,

Jo.