Re: ChangeLog.org

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: ChangeLog.org
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 17:05:03 +0200

>>> "AB" == Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab@web.de> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> So the question is, how to generate this file. Maybe there is a
>> ChangeLog--> ChangeLog.org exporter/converter?
>>
>> https://github.com/johnlepikhin/el-conventional-changelog/blob/master/conventional-changelog.el

> I see only 6 calls to git in that file. Maybe the easiest way would be
> to port it?

Well looking more in the code, it seems that the logic is

    1. Commit with commit message

    2. Then extract and insert that commit message into a org buffer
       respecting org syntax

This is not what I am looking for. My workflow is, usually, the other
way around.

    1. I add an entry to the ChangeLog file

    2. Then I commit this message gets inserted (this step wouldn't make
       much sense if ChangeLog file uses org syntax, I admit)

But I want an independent ChangeLog file not an extracting from my
commit messages.

Uwe