Re: How to force markup without spaces

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: How to force markup without spaces
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 09:26:42 +0800

K <k_foreign@outlook.com> writes:

> The thread and post I am mentioning is at
> https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87bodxy77m.fsf@bzg.ath.cx/

That thread references yet another thread at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/59881/focus=59971
However, gname links are no longer working.
Do you happen to know which thread id or subject the link is referring
to in the mailing list archive?

To add regarding the markup without spaces, we have discussed something
called "inline special blocks" in
https://orgmode.org/list/87a6b8pbhg.fsf@posteo.net
Such blocks can be used as an alternative markup.

Another idea we have discussed is using something similar to Markdown
format: **bold**, //italics//, __underline__, etc. It is less verbose
compared to the special blocks, which should be valuable for
Japanese/Chinese/other languages with no spaces between words.

Best,
Ihor