Re: [BUG] org-mode 9.5.4 with evil-leader leads to endless loop in table

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-mode 9.5.4 with evil-leader leads to endless loop in table [9.5.4 (9.5.4-g6013cb1 @ /Users/cgrabenstein/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 22:56:25 +0800

Christoph Grabenstein <christoph.grabenstein@gmail.com> writes:

> org-table-insert-row hangs if evil-leader is installed.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Install org-mode 9.5.4, evil and evil-leader, and enable evil-mode
> and global-evil-leader-mode.
> 2. Open or create an org file that has a table like that:
> ```
> | header | another header |
> ```
> 3. Place your cursor in the header and hit enter (in evil insert mode).
> 4. Emacs hangs in an endless loop, you will have to interrupt with C-g.

Thanks for reporting!

> - I'm not sure if this is an error on org's side or on evil's side. Please
> let me know if I should open a ticket for evil.
> - For more details see my question at the emacs stackexchange:
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/72769/org-mode-tables-slowed-down-by-evil-mode

Thanks for the link. Extra information from the link allowed me to
narrow down the cause. The cause is in evil-mode.

evil-local-mode is run in temporary buffer, which is OK. What is not OK
is that evil-local-mode is altering the match data. It must not happen.
Please report this issue to evil devs.

Best,
Ihor