Re: folding problems

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: folding problems
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 15:10:23 +0000

Maybe unrelated but I will add that the recent changes to how local
variables are processed is breaking my usage of org quite seriously.  To
be clear: I am not complaining: it's my fault for tracking the bleeding
edge of development for both org and Emacs. πŸ˜‰ But I thought I would
mention what I am seeing just in case it's useful.

An example: when exporting a long document which has many src blocks,
each of those blocks is now being loaded and local variables (which
include dir local variables) are being evaluated (which they were not
before, I guess?).  I don't know if this is an org change or an Emacs
change?

The src blocks are likely loaded by org because I am using engraved for
formatting the src blocks on export.  This is a nightmare if any of the
variables are considered unsafe as it requires confirmation for each
such case.

And if some src block mode needs a special input method, this is causing
the export to fail:

    activate-input-method: Can’t activate input method β€˜TeX’

although I am not sure, at this point, where/when this is happening.

And, no, unfortunately I don't know if emacs -Q solves these issues.  I
did try and it does seem like the local variable aspect happens; it's
just that my export is so tailored that other things break for not being
defined in emacs -Q and so I cannot fully export my document.

I will need to revert to an older version of org as I need to get work
done. There's too much breaking to spend the time at the moment
investigating. πŸ˜•  But no worries: that's what git is for! πŸ‘

Thank you,
eric

PS -if any of the above is the fault of changes to Emacs, I will post on
the devel list.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.4-706-g4702a7 in Emacs 29.0.50