Odd characters in the fast tags selection interface

From: Hanno
Subject: Odd characters in the fast tags selection interface
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 23:41:43 +0200

Hej,

I use the fast tags selection interface (=org-set-tags-command= with
=org-use-fast-tag-selection= set to =t=) to quickly add several tags to
a heading. I have both tags and keys defined in
=org-tag-persistent-alist= and use
=org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags= to complete the
selection with various other tags that I have used in my agenda files.

However, I have noticed some oddities with the characters that are being
associated as keys to the entries in the interface:

- after "a..z" runs out, '{', '|' and '}' are being used which seems
reasonable -- but after that, I get '\200' and similar before reaching
'©'...

- when defining my own keys, they are not displayed in the top; instead
their characters are missing in the 'a'..'z' range leaving more room
for odd and very difficult-to-type characters

I am therefore wondering: can I limit the range of characters being
used? Can I force characters defined in =org-tag-persistent-alist= to be
shown on top? Is this behavior maybe a bug?

The org version I am using is around 2 months old at this point I am afraid.

I attach an org-file that demonstrates the issue when opened with =emacs
-Q= and after evaluating the included source block.

Thanks and cheers,

Hanno

--
Hanno Perrey