Re: ?bug in org-fold-core

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: ?bug in org-fold-core
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 10:23:47 +0800

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com> writes:

>> I am not sure if I understand what you mean. Can you explain in more details?
>
> Sure. This is one entry where 'org-lint' shows as '533 Link to non-existent
> local file ":~/path/to/directory/"'
>
> =====
> *** dired
> # [[file+emacs:~/path/to/directory/]] ;;; opens dired at that directory
> [[file::~/path/to/directory/]] ;;; opens dired at that directory
> =====
>
> This is the full org-lint for my 'instructions.org' file -
>
> =====
>    533 low   Link to non-existent local file ":~/path/to/directory/"

This is nothing wrong on Org side. Just an indication for you that you
have issues with Org markup in your Org file. I suggest fixing them, for
your own safety - Org may behave incorrectly on incorrect Org documents.

>>> Is it possible for it to have a file-only way of reverting to the old way
>>> of 'file-local variables' please? As it currently stands, no org-headings
>>> are
>>>     shown in the colours that other org-files are showing them, and its
>>> giving the appearance of org-mode not reading and displaying it!
>>
>> If you have no fontification, please update Org. This issue has been
>> fixed in a yesterday's commit.
>>

> I'm now running using 'Org mode version 9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-706-g4702a7 @
> /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)'. Is this the most recent version please?
> Git pull says that its up-to-date.

This is some very strange Org version - we have no commit 4702a7. I
suggest removing your local copy and re-fetch Org from our official
repo. See https://orgmode.org/

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'no fontification'? The instructions file has
> the usual org-headings, and the occasional drawer. Can you elucidate please?

I probably misunderstood you. I do not understand what you mean by

>>> ... no org-headings are shown in the colours that other org-files
>>> are showing them, and its giving the appearance of org-mode not
>>> reading and displaying it!"

Best,
Ihor