Re: [External] : Re: missing a character / font in agenda?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: missing a character / font in agenda?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 16:17:20 +0800

> Another approach would be assuming reasonable set of modern fonts and
> providing some defcustom to switch to legacy compatibility mode.

This whole thread is about a single defcustom already.
I do not see much point providing yet another defcustom on top.
`char-displayable-p' check should be good enough in most cases, except
some strange font mapping settings. In the latter cases, users can
always customize org-agenda-current-time-string manually.

Ideally, we need to find a more reliable alternative to
`char-displayable-p'.

Best,
Ihor

--