Re: Potential bug: Invalid function: org-encode-time

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Potential bug: Invalid function: org-encode-time
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:44:30 +0700

On 16/08/2022 18:55, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

This is Emacs bug. https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56746

I just pushed a workaround that should hopefully fix the issue.

Is there a chance that `eval-when-compile' around the original
definition will help? Sorry, I am still avoiding setting up of
development environment for emacs.

It could, but I took a different approach.
See
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=d3a9c424ba32382fff1da4f4ecb447dc99205261

Thank you for the fix. I asked about `eval-when-compile' because lack of it may be my mistake and with hope to find a workaround with no performance impact. Testing of `encode-time' version by running it on each macro expansion can hardly be called optimal.