Re: C-c $ missing?

From: Matt
Subject: Re: C-c $ missing?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 19:19:41 -0400

 ---- On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:46:23 -0400  Summer Emacs  wrote ---

 > Hi everyone, first time posting. I hope it's okay to ask this here (I'm
 > totally new):

Welcome!

 > Since this morning (I updated a few packages but not sure which), C-c $
 > is missing in org mode? It's how I used to archive tasks when they were
 > done. I know that I can use C-c C-x C-s but I used to just use C-c $ and
 > it worked. Did something change with an update?
 >
 > (I think it was C-c $ or maybe C-x $? Sometimes I get the two confused)

I don't know if anything changed with Org, I'll let others speak to that.
However, in the mean time, check C-h k C-c C-x C-s to see what command is bound
to that sequence (is it org-archive-subtree?).  Then you can bind it with
something like:

(eval-after-load 'org-mode
  (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-x C-s") #'org-archive-subtree))

This says, "after loading org-mode for the first time, define the key sequence
within the variable telling Emacs what keys do what for org-mode to call the
function org-archive-subtree when it sees C-c C-x C-s."  The C-h f and C-h v
commands describe-function and describe-variable can probably explain that
better.

 > --
 > Summer,
 > Sent from MU4E in Emacs,
 > Because I'm becoming a NEWBIE at this!

We all start somewhere!   I hope this helps.  Just saw your message as I was
passing by.  If it's unclear, that's totally my fault!