Best way to capture state change times that are *not* now?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Best way to capture state change times that are *not* now?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 09:49:57 -0700

'C-u C-c C-t' forces a log note to be included with the state change,
but the state change log note is always *now* (CMIIAW).

Is there a way to change the state on a todo and have it ask for a
date/time to go with the state change?

Reason: I often don't get to change todo' state to DONE until long after
it was done.  I'd like to set the date/time to when it really happened.
--
David Masterson