Re: Conditionally use files in org-roam

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Conditionally use files in org-roam
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:44:04 +1000

juh <juh+org-mode@mailbox.org> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I have 10.800 files in my roam directory. 10.000 files are not used often.
> The huge amount
> of files make org-roam slow on my simple notebook. Is it possible to
> conditionally load
> files into roam only if I really need them?
>
> I am aware that some references would be broken most of the time.

Org roam is not part of org-mode. It is a separate project. You will
likely get more specific answers posting to that project. There is both
a discord and a slack channel for org-roam. See
https://www.orgroam.com/. The project is hosted on github and includes
an issue tracker which may have some relevant information. See
https://github.com/org-roam/org-roam/issues