Re: [External] : Re: org-mode compile issue this morning - how to report

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: org-mode compile issue this morning - how to report this?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:50:16 +1000

Emacs 29.1 refers to the first release of Emacs 29, which has not yet
occurred. Emacs 29.0.50 refers to version 29 of emacs which has not yet
had a release candidate issued i.e. still very much development and not
yet at beta level. Once the first release candidate is issued, the
version will likely change to 29.0.90 and then once actually released,
to 29.1.

Given that 29.0.50 at this point just means development version (and
unless a commit hash is also included, head of the devel branch), you
can assume the bug fix will be in 29.0.50 provided you have done a pull
since that bug fix notice was posted.