Re: Improve the docstring for 'org-html-mathjax-options'

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Improve the docstring for 'org-html-mathjax-options'
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:18:34 +0200

> Rudolf, since you are probably more familiar with MathJax, may you
> please take a look at the report below and tell us if the suggestions
> are sensible?

Sure, see below.

> I tried setting 'autonumber' to "None", as the docstring suggests, but
> only the lower-cased "none" worked fine.

Oops!  I screwed this up (via 15068ce30).  I wanted to lowercase "None"
but instead I capitalized "All".  Please see the attached patch 0001.

> Also, MathJax documentation for 2.7 (the version I've got HTML
> rendered with by org-mode) mentions "AMS", not "AMS Math"
> (http://docs.mathjax.org/en/v2.7-latest/tex.html).

We have this fixed on main (via 15068ce30).

> Another option that needs attention is 'indent'. The docstring
> contains the phrase 'Valid values are "left" and "right"'.

We have this fixed on main (via 15068ce30).

> This phrase should be changed to something like 'An example of a valid
> value is "2em"' or simply removed, I think.

Good idea!  Please see the attached patch 0002.

Rudy

"Mathematics takes us still further from what is human into the region
of absolute necessity, to which not only the actual world, but every
possible world, must conform."
-- Bertrand Russell, 1902

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25