Re: Have all the tags of a heading, with a tag hierarchy

From: Cletip Cletip
Subject: Re: Have all the tags of a heading, with a tag hierarchy
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 14:47:02 +0200

Ok thanks a lot for your answers, I made the function, if ever it can interest someone one day

(defun org-get-tags-with-hierarchy-at-point()
      "Return the list of tag WITH the sub-tags if they exist at point"
      (interactive)
      (let ((tags-heading (org-get-tags))
            (tags-result '()))
        (dolist (tag tags-heading)
          (dolist (tag-to-add (org-tags-expand tag t))
            (push tag-to-add tags-result)
            )
          )
        (delete-dups tags-result)
        )
      )

Do not hesitate to change the "tags-heading" variable to select a different heading

Thanks again for your answers !

Le jeu. 1 sept. 2022 à 09:03, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> a écrit :
Cletip Cletip <clement020302@gmail.com> writes:

> Just one last clarification to be sure: there is no native function in
> org-mode to have the list of tags with a hierarchy? I have to write my
> function with the two functions
> org-get-tags and org-tags-expand
> to get the result I want : a list of tags that takes into account the
> hierarchy defined by the "org-tag-alist" variable

AFAIK, we have no such function.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,