Re: [BUG] ob-shell: cmdline and stdin broken when used with TRAMP

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-shell: cmdline and stdin broken when used with TRAMP
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 19:08:28 +0200

> '->` :: `process-file'

Sorry: fixed.

> > lib/ob-shell.el (org-babel-sh-evaluate): Use `process-file' (instead
>
> lisp/ob-shell.el

Thanks.

>> +                (with-connection-local-variables
>
> I tried to test your patch on various Emacs versions.
> `with-connection-local-variables' is not yet available in Emacs 26.
> Emacs 26 has `with-connection-local-profiles' though I am not sure if it
> is a full equivalent. If not, you may need to create a compatibility
> wrapper for Emacs 26.

Indeed. It's been renamed/changed in Emacs 27.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=21f54feee8c83e2c5fd8eeb6741cbd479a7b19eb

I'm now adding a version of `with-connection-local-variables', in
org-compat.el: that should work for 26. I didn't test it as I currently
don't have an Emacs 26. But I should be able to compile one, if you think
it's needed.

Thank you for spotting this and pointing me to `with-connection-local-profiles'.

Thank you again, Ihor, for the review and the testing.

Let me know if you see further improvements,

Bruno