Re: Bug: org-store-link uses CUSTOM_ID instead of target point [9.4.4 (r

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: org-store-link uses CUSTOM_ID instead of target point [9.4.4 (release_9.4.4 @ /usr/share/emacs/27.2/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:05:14 +0800

>> Fixed in maint, thanks a lot for reporting this and Ihor for
>> confirming the bug.
>
> Bastien, unfortunately your fix caused duplication of stored links like
> "file:~/org/file.org::#custom_id" when point is outside of <<target>>.
> Earlier #CUSTOM_ID link was stored in addition to
> "file:~/org/file.org::*Heading" search link. My suggestion is to revert
> your patch and to just reset custom-id variable when <<target>> link is
> stored. Another effect or your patch, that I consider unintentional, is
> storing
> [[file:~/org/file.org::#custom_id][file:~/org/file.org::#custom_id]]
> instead of [[file:~/org/file.org::#custom_id][Heading]]. I prefer
> "original" behavior.
>
> Third patch is intended to avoid links inserted as
> [[target][file:~/org/file.org::target]] in the case of same file. I
> suppose, just [[target]] is better. Current variant looks unbalanced and
> misleading. Of course, you are free to skip last patch.

Thanks for reminding about this unresolved patch!
Applied all three patches onto main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=543a23a57d2947cd01c906d134ae9c5c8d0907c4
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=f7b8510283537bda4eba3b54fce5eafc7cec9993
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=c3d6672cfdbff8c9dd4c2ec70886ad3f62153d07