Reinstalling compat fixed everything breaking

From: William Denton
Subject: Reinstalling compat fixed everything breaking
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:26:28 -0400 (EDT)

Yesterday I pulled the current source trees for Org and Emacs and compiled as I usually do ... and everything broke, with Org complaining about mixed versions, and all kinds of warnings and backtraces and "Invalid function: compat-declare-version" errors.

After looking at various things I noticed a couple of mild warnings related to the package compat, which I'd seen for a while (several weeks, at least) but never bothered about, because everything worked. I thought maybe it was all connected, what with the new version-checking and such, and indeed "M-x package-reinstall compat" did the trick and now everything works.

In case someone else has the same problem I thought I'd mention this.

Cheers,

Bill

--
William Denton