Re: Suggested Syntax for cancelled checkboxes: [-] as non-blocking depen

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Re: Suggested Syntax for cancelled checkboxes: [-] as non-blocking dependency
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:18:10 +0300

Karl Voit [2022-09-13 Tue 10:07] wrote:

> Is it only me who is thinking that a non-blocking cancelled checkbox
> state would be a good idea?

At first it makes sense, but we do have headlines and TODO keywords to
express different states, colors and even sets of states. This is just a
checklist construct. I think if I wanted to mark something as canceled
or not relevant I would do something like this:

- [ ] this is important.
- [X] +canceled+ this is not important.

or even strike through everything. I think it's consistent in terms of
statistics; you want the total number to represent what you wrote down
and what's left does not include the "canceled" tasks.

--
Daniel Fleischer