Re: [BUG] Width property in columnview dynamic blocks [9.5.5]

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Width property in columnview dynamic blocks [9.5.5]
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:45:39 +0800

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> In columnview dynamic blocks, the Width property doesn't seem to work
>
> In this example the first column width is the same if I write ~%5ITEM~
> than ~%ITEM~
>
> * PROYECTO EMACS
> :PROPERTIES:
> :COLUMNS:  %5ITEM(PROJECT)
> :END:
>
> #+BEGIN: columnview
> #+END:

Confirmed.
Unlike `org-columns' command (C-c C-x C-c), dynamic column blocks are
ignoring the width specs. Handling specs is simply not implemented. This
is not explicitly stated in the manual though.

One can just add column width specs in `org-dblock-write:columnview'.
Or we may document the current behaviour.

Patches welcome :)

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,