Re: IM dev discussions?

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: IM dev discussions?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:26:00 +0530

> Is there is possibility to merge multiple rooms in Matrix/IRC?

There is! It is called Spaces, which allows arbitrary hierarchy of other
rooms (as well as spaces). NixOS organisation and its various sub-groups
are already quite successfully utilizing it, if you'd like to check that
out.

Unless you mean *merge*ing multiple rooms, in which case, I doubt it.
But, we can set aliases to rooms so as to have a room point to new one,
while old one remains accessible on a UUID-esq identifier.

Further details:
Matrix spaces: https://matrix.org/blog/2021/05/17/the-matrix-space-beta
NixOS matrix space: https://matrix.to/#/#community:nixos.org

Thanks,