Re: [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 11:33:58 +0800

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

>> #+ATTR_BACKEND: :export_template "can also work on non-headings"
>> Paragraph.
>
> In this case I would not see it necessary, IMHO. For simple things (of
> the begin/end style) there are the special blocks. And for more complex
> pre- and/or post- code we have export blocks and export snippets. Since
> there is no heading involved here, there would be no danger of the
> pre-code leaving with the content of the previous header.

I do not insist on this. I just see supporting this easier (it will work
automatically) compared to explicitly limiting :export_template to
headings/inlinetasks.

Also, some people prefer to have such option (Pedro Andres Aranda
Gutierrez in off-list reply to
https://orgmode.org/list/87fsgmyyhw.fsf@localhost)

--
Ihor Radchenko,