Numbered footnotes in the manual interfere with diff (was: Dates in head

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Numbered footnotes in the manual interfere with diff (was: Dates in headlines)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:45:29 +0800

>> https://orgmode.org/manual/Handling-Links.html#FOOT28
>
> Unless I miss something, this footnote is plain wrong. The timestamps
> are not removed. At least not when I run M-x org-store-link on a
> headline with timestamp with emacs -Q.

I think we should just remove this footnote.

Bastien,
Do you have any suggestion on how to deal with changing footnotes in the
manual? When I delete this footnote, all the footnotes must be
re-numbered creating a lot of garbage in the diff. Is it ok? Or should
we prefer inline footnote definitions in the manual to avoid such
situations?

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,