Re: Org Syntax Specification

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org Syntax Specification
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 11:09:55 +0200

Hi Timothy,

I'm late to the party, but *thanks* for these important improvements
on the https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html page!

A few suggestions:

- Make it a description of the syntax of the latest stable Org.  (For
  now let's consider 9.6 to be the latest stable as we are working on
  releasing it soon.)  Perhaps this is already the case and I missed
  it?

- Remove the "draft" status ("DRAFT v2β"). Don't describe it as a
  draft in the org-manual.org if it accurately reflects the current
  syntax (current = latest stable).

- Remove all the inline notes (some suggest changes in Org's grammar,
  that might scare the readers a bit.)

- Promote the page to orgmode.org/worg/org-syntax.html: the /dev/ path
  in the current URL makes it read like it is the syntax for the "dev"
  version.

What do you think?

--
 Bastien