Re: access to specific instance(s) of past recurring event(s)

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: access to specific instance(s) of past recurring event(s)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:10:52 -1000

Saša Janiška <sjaniska@atmarama.net> writes:

> One useful feature of Taskwarrior is that if I have e.g recurring
> weekly task "upload meeting's recording" and, due to various reasons,
> I'm simply behind my schedule, I can access **any** of the missed
> events and not just the oldest one as it seems to be with org-mode.

Perhaps this is primitive and hackish, but I have the same
issue, especially with my "habits" like daily guitar practice
and language study. In my case these live in my "todo.org"
file.

When there is something I need to "fix" as you describe, I
just edit the properties (or content) in the entry in the
underlying file. This is very unsophisticated and can be a bit
error-prone, but it's straightforward and it works.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB