Re: IM dev discussions?

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: IM dev discussions?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:04:02 +0530

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> But then at some point we will have two problems: we will need to
> spend energy encouraging these Discourse users send their patches to
> the mailing list and people on this ML who are mostly here to help
> others will have to split their time and attention between the ML and
> forum.orgmode.org, because both will be official support channels
> for the Org community.

Maybe we don't need to split time checking both Discourse and Mailing
list, because Discourse comes with a 'mailing list mode':

Admittedly I am yet to try it, but it can also provide filtering to mute
particular categories so they don't clutter your mailbox :)

Replying to discourse notification emails has worked well in my
experience, and there are apparently ways to create new posts by sending
emails as well: