Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 13:22:50 -0300

On Tue, 27 Sept 2022 at 12:11, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> (...)

Hi Jean Louis,

> Instead of:
>
> >   (find-evardescr 'hkey-alist)
>
> I would like to see visually:
>
> "Description of Emacs Lisp function `hkey-alist'"

In cases like that there would be some key sequence that parses the
text and the text properties around point and produces a sexp that
goes to the target of the link when executed. Let me call that sexp
the "back-end" of the link.

I did play with some ways to buttonize back-end sexps, and with some
ways to parse the text around point to generate these back-end sexps,
but I didn't find those things much fun, and in all the cases I ended
up finding nice ways to solve my problems with just explicit sexps,
without hiding them behind a title. So I postponed the problem behind
your question - and I will deal with it again when someone who wants
"back-end sexps hidden behind titles" asks me for help, or asks me to
work together on their ideas.

> There must be some way of quickly generating above links, do you have
> such?
>
> Let us say you are in buffer A, you go to Emacs Lisp file at line 134, and
> you just press there a key, and link is inserted in buffer A, leading
> to Emacs Lisp file at line 134, you have that?

Yes, and I am working in a way to do that that requires fewer keys. I
submitted it to the EmacsConf2022:

  http://angg.twu.net/emacsconf2022-kla.html

and I am asking my friends to test it. I haven't made commented
screenshots for it - like these ones:

  http://angg.twu.net/eepitch.html#test-blocks

yet, so right now the best way to understand how it works is to try
the "Try:"s in the sections 1 and 8 of its docs:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-kla.el.html#intro

Cheers,
  Eduardo Ochs
  http://angg.twu.net/#eev