Re: The Org mode in the Org Git does not export

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: The Org mode in the Org Git does not export
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:06:36 +0800

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> "Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Try M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET and then export, hitting C-g when it
>> gets stuck.  That'll give you a backtrace which might help debug this.
>
> Thank you Eric.  I tried it and stopped after more than 3 minutes of
> waiting.  The output:
>
> ;; Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
> ;;   org-export--generate-copy-script(#<buffer notebook.org<2>>)
> ;;   org-export-copy-buffer()
> ;;   org-html-format-latex( ...

This does give some useful information.

Can you
1. M-x debug-on-entry <RET> org-export--generate-copy-script <RET>
2. Start export
3. Step into the function (use "d", not "c" binding)
4. Try to identify which part (if any) is being slow

If the above does not work, you can also try
1. M-x trace-function <RET> org-export--generate-copy-script <RET>
2. M-x elp-instrument-function <RET> org-export--generate-copy-script <RET>
2. Run export, possibly terminating it with C-g in the process
3. M-x elp-results <RET>
4. Share the contents of the trace buffer and the contents of the
   elp-results buffer.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,