Re: form-like process for entering rows in an org-mode table?

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: form-like process for entering rows in an org-mode table?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 06:33:02 +0300

Jean Louis,

> * Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu> [2022-07-22 19:14]:
> > hi.  does anyone have any code, or know of any existing package, that
> > would allow for some sort of form-like (or "transient"-like) interface
> > for adding rows to an org-mode table?  in particular, that provides some
> > sort of =completing-read= interface for a given set of choices for a
> > given column, etc.
>
> I have total understanding for this use case, as I do similar all the
> time. Just that I don't use Org tables, I use database tables.

the project that needs this has been on the back-burner for a while,
but, for the record, i have looked at "Column View" as a possible
replacement for "org tables as a database".  in addition to a
completing-read interface, column view gives the opportunity to add
descriptive text to a row -- i.e., just the regular, non-property,
content under a headline -- which is very nice.  but, i haven't played
with it enough to see how well it will fit my "needs".

cheers, Greg