Re: Org ML integration with an existing Discourse instance

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org ML integration with an existing Discourse instance
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 11:54:29 +0800

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Not just this: I’m concerned with setting up a user-to-user discussion
>>> space that reify a split between users (on a forum) and developers (on
>>> the mailing list).
>>
>> For what it’s worth, as a developer I’d be very interested in the ability of
>> forum to categorise feature requests/bug reports/workflow discussions, etc.
>
> But then the ML and the forum would compete with each other from a
> maintainer's point a view: the ones using solely the ML would not get
> the same information than the ones using the forum.

I do not know the details about Discourse-email integration. If category
changes are also emailed, Woof! might be able to work with those.

In any case, we cannot really expect everything going on in Discourse to
be reflected on Org ML. Org ML will always get less metadata and, as
discussed, we do not even aim to sync all the Discourse posts with Org
ML - just relevant.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,