Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org, Hyperbole, and eev
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:07:15 +0800

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Let us say that link is:
>
>  (link "Duck" (browse-url "http://www.duckduckgo.com";))
>
> such link should be displyed as:
>
>  __Duck__ (underlined)
>
> but just as in Org mode to have toggle options descriptive or
> non-descriptive links.
>
> and that I can inject the format of the link like parenthesis and
> simple into such generic way of making links. It would go beyond Org
> that way and be available in any modes.

org-open-at-point-global can work outside Org to open Org links.

For Org-like fontification, you can add an entry to font-lock-keywords
that will fontify anything matching org-link-any-re and apply
org-activate-links. However, you may need to rewrite org-activate-link
to work outside Org mode. It should not be prohibitively hard.

(I suspect that Hyperbole could be the right place to request the
fontification feature - they already take care about fontification of
implicit buttons; may as well extend it)

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,