Re: org-element API does not identify inlinetasks (correctly)

From: Michael Dauer
Subject: Re: org-element API does not identify inlinetasks (correctly)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 13:36:27 +0200

There is a (require 'org-inlinetask), and I use inlinetasks a lot.

Am Do., 29. Sept. 2022 um 13:18 Uhr schrieb Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>:
Michael Dauer <mick.dauer@gmail.com> writes:

> Inlinetasks are always interpreted to be of type heading. This causes
> multiple issues e.g with export.
>
> I think that I could track it to the function org-element--current-element,
> where the check for headings is before the one for inlinetasks, while
> inlinetask is just a sub-type of heading.

Inlinetasks are not parsed by Org by default. You must first load
org-inlinetask module to enable the parsing.

Without org-inlinetask being loaded, inlinetasks are treated as ordinary
headings.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,