Re: The Org mode in the Org Git does not export

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: The Org mode in the Org Git does not export
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 21:56:51 +0800

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> All right, I did the following 10 experiments.

Thanks again!

> RESULT:
>
>   Exporting crashes Emacs.

*shrug*
May you try with Emacs version that is not bleeding edge? Like Emacs 28.

> *********************
> *** EXPERIMENT 10 ***
> *********************
>
> CONFIGURATION:
>
>   The same as Experiment 3-8 and 9.
>
> RESULT:
>
>   HTML exported in 1 minute 31 seconds.
>
> NOTES:
>
>   The profile attached to this message as 'export-3-cache.profile'.

There is something very strange going on there.
A lot of time is taken running org-mode-hook. But (!) org-mode-hook is
explicitly let-bound to nil in this context.
A lot of time is taken parsing the buffer, when the functions must (!)
accept already parsed element.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,