Re: Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:25:02 -0500

> On Sep 30, 2022, at 11:07, Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 30/09/2022 21:15, Perry Smith wrote:
>
>> I discovered that it can be done like {{{kbd(M-TAB)}}}
>> Fascinating!!!  And I bet expr in the form of {{{ expr }}} could be any
>> Elisp expression.  Cool!
>> But, where in the Org manual is this documented?
>
> See info "(org) Macro Replacement"
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-Replacement.html
>
> If you are interested in particular in the implementation of kbd then have a
> look into doc/doc-setup.org and lisp/ox-texinfo.el files in the Org sources.
>
> There are a pitfall with comma as macro argument separator. It is easy to
> forgot to escape it and to loose remaining arguments.

Thank you…

For others following along, the reference is doc/misc/org-setup.org and
lisp/org/ox-texinfo.el in the source tree.

Also, I searched for {{{ in org.org but I failed to notice that some were
escaped with =xxxx= such as:

    which can be referenced using ={{{name(arg1, arg2)}}}=

(making the text inside a verbatim).

Thank you again.