Re: Explicit page breaks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Explicit page breaks
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 15:14:54 +0800

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> With all this, I mean: to what extent should Org care about all these
> details, more related to fine-tuning the output format?

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

It is now clear that pagebreak by itself may very much depend on the
specifics of the export backend and the place in the document.

Using page break at the same place for different export backends is
unlikely to be useful.

On the other hand, some backends (odt) are too cumbersome to put page
breaks within @@odt:...@@ export snippets.

What we do want is some way to put a page break just for odt or just for
latex.

May we introduce a new standard macro {{{page-break(backend)}}}
that will expand to an appropriate
@@backend:<whatever is needed to mark new page in the given backend@@
?

WDYT?