[BUG?] :eval strip-export acts like :eval yes :noweb yes even during exp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [BUG?] :eval strip-export acts like :eval yes :noweb yes even during export (was: :eval yes use and documentation)
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 12:27:08 +0800

> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Is ":eval yes" officially allowed and, if so, why is it not documented?
>>
>> Should it be?
>
> Yes, it should be. Moreover, we have strip-export value undocumented.
>
> Confirmed.

Fixed on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=1966a7a8a8a2934443f24ca9c968a4eba09c3650

I documented ":eval yes".

strip-export value is actually used, but I feel that it is completely
wrong.

`org-babel-common-header-args-w-values' lists "strip-export" as an
allowed value of :eval argument. Further, `org-babel-noweb-p' returns
non-nil for ":eval strip-export".

The consequences for the callers of `org-babel-noweb-p' when ":eval
strip-export" are the following:

1. `org-babel-expand-noweb-references', `org-babel-execute-src-block',
   and `org-babel-expand-src-block' always expand noweb references.
2. `org-babel-lob-ingest' always expands noweb references.
3. `org-babel-exp-results' __always__ expands noweb references.

The (3) is certainly against intuition. `org-babel-exp-results' (which
is a part of export process) __does expand noweb references__ when
:eval is strip-export.

Not to mention that "strip-export" has nothing to do with evaluation
itself. Evaluation cannot be "stripped".

Should we remove :eval strip-export altogether? It is confusing and does
not yield expected results. Since it is also not documented, we should
not worry about breaking user configs.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,