Re: [BUG] org-beamer :BEAMER_ACT: ignored on columns

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-beamer :BEAMER_ACT: ignored on columns
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 14:10:50 +0800

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Thursday,  6 Oct 2022 at 08:01, Fraga, Eric wrote:
>> On Thursday,  6 Oct 2022 at 11:06, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>>> Is there any reason why you only allow actions for "column" environment
>>> specifically? What about other environments?
>
> I've removed the check (not only for the new actions aspect but also for
> the options bit) and beamer export seems to work just fine.  But with
> minimal testing so testing by others would be welcome.
>
> Updated patch attached.

I am reading the whole patched function now, and I feel that something is
not right.

Note the complex processing of actions below the following comment

          ;; If BEAMER_act property has its value enclosed in square
          ;; brackets, it is a default overlay specification and
          ;; overlay specification is empty.  Otherwise, it is an
          ;; overlay specification and the default one is nil.

This patch certainly adds code duplication and might also miss some
scenarios considered in the environments from
org-beamer-environments-default.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,