[BUG] Erroneous link highlighting in src blocks (9.5.5-geeae6e)

From: Tim Loderhose
Subject: [BUG] Erroneous link highlighting in src blocks (9.5.5-geeae6e)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 15:46:55 +0000

Hi,

In recent org, org-highlight-links including 'bracket' will hide content
with double brackets inside src blocks.
A vanilla config loading 9.5.5 org (I did this through straight.el) can reproduce this with a
minimal org file including just:

#+begin_src python
  [[a]]
#+end_src

The brackets will be hidden.

I can only confirm that this does not happen with org 9.5.2 - I did not
check other versions in between, but know this has been the case for a
couple of weeks at least. I don't know much of the internals, but
thought that perhaps the issue was introduced around this commit (as this touches link folding and is not included in 9.5.2):
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=67275f4664ce00b5263c75398d78816e7dc2ffa6

Cheers,
Tim