Re: Export of this table fails LuaLaTeX compilation

From: gerard . vermeulen
Subject: Re: Export of this table fails LuaLaTeX compilation
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 04:53:26 +0000

On 12.10.2022 06:15, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
gerard.vermeulen@posteo.net writes:

I am regularly updating 9.6-pre from https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/ and
yesterday
my LaTeX export stopped working. The org-mode snippet below (attached,
together
with the LaTeX export file) shows the problem. The LaTeX file compiles
after I remove
all occurrences of \relax.
#+begin_src latex :exports none :results silent
   \begin{center}
   \begin{tabular}{l}
   \hline
   \colorbox{red}{\texttt{bug}}\\\relax
   \colorbox{red}{\texttt{bug}}\\\relax
   \hline
   \end{tabular}
   \end{center}
#+end_src

Confirmed.
But what is the problem here? Isn't \relax supposed to work in LuaTeX?

It does not work on my Mac with texlive-2020, so I export my org file, open it and replace all occurrences of \\\relax with \\ before compiling. I have to confirm this on Gentoo Linux
with texlive-2022 at work.

I think that \\ signals the end of a table row and that \relax ends up on the next row with
missing fields.