Re: idea for capture anywhere in x

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: idea for capture anywhere in x
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 19:37:38 +0800

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, Ihor.
>
> But I was referring to 2 possible workflows (not sure if org-protocol
> would be the answer).

I was mostly answering about X website to eww website part. org-protocol
is a way to run arbitrary Elisp when Emacs is called with an arbitrary
data (not necessarily file).

> The first workflow would consist in emphasizing the web page permanently:
>

> 1. Open in ~eww~ the web page.
>
> 2. Emphasize with org-mode: highlight the text of the web page.
>
> 3. In the future, when opening again the web page, the highlights should
> appear.
>

> I don't know what would be the best way to do it. The only way I know
> similar to that, is using "org-web-tools-insert-web-page-as-entry".

https://github.com/nobiot/org-remark might help here. However, AFAIK, it
only supports file buffers. But I do not see why they couldn't add eww
support if you ask them.

Also, I recall 25.14 Enriched Text (Emacs manual). Not sure if it is
suitable though.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,