Re: Org 9.6-pre and Bash sessions

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org 9.6-pre and Bash sessions
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:44:11 +0800

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> I noticed today that Bash source blocks with ':session" does not seem to
> work with Org 9.6-pre (3e8648775).  Does anyone else have the problem?

Confirmed.
The cause is a35d16368
Author:     Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
ob-shell: Fix output containing strings matching `comint-prompt-regexp'

* lisp/ob-comint.el (org-babel-comint-wait-for-output): Do not rely on
`face-at-point' returning non-nil.
* lisp/ob-shell.el (org-babel-shell-set-prompt-commands): New constant
holding shell-specific commands to change prompt.
(org-babel-prompt-command): New variable holding command to be user to
set distinguishable prompt.
(org-babel-shell-initialize): Set `org-babel-prompt-command' according
to shell name.
(org-babel-sh-prompt): New variable holding default shell prompt.
(org-babel-sh-initiate-session): Change the default prompt to
`org-babel-sh-prompt' and alter `comint-prompt-regexp' to match it
tightly.

Fixes
https://list.orgmode.org/CKK9TULBP2BG.2UITT31YJV03J@laptop/T/#mc8e3ca2f5f1b9a94040a68b4c6201234b209041c

> CONFIGURATION FILE:
> ------------------
>
>> (setq-default org-use-extra-keys t)
>> (with-eval-after-load 'org
>>   (add-to-list 'org-babel-load-languages '(shell . t))
>>   ;; The weirdest API ever.
>>   (org-babel-do-load-languages
>>    'org-babel-load-languages
>>    org-babel-load-languages))
>
> TEST FILE:
> ---------
>
>> * Something
>>
>> 1. Something
>>
>>    #+begin_src bash :session test :results output
>>    if true
>>    then
>>      echo "hello"
>>    fi
>>    #+end_src
>
> REPRODUCTION STEPS:
>
> Execute the source block with C-c C-c.
>
> Expected:
>
>   Block executes with the result "hello".

Is it what you actually saw in the past? I just tried with older Org
versions on my system and the output is

   : [00m > > > hello

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,