Re: Best android app

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Best android app
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 14:34:07 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2022-10-16 12:25]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > If I am not mistaken, you propose or initiate discussing how to list
> > proprietary software on some websites.
> >
> > GNU mailing lists are not for such discussions. GNU is project is
> > there to foster full free software.
>
> Do you know where this rule is documented?

It is everywhere in GNU project, Org mode is part of Emacs and GNU
project.

In GNU project nobody is concerned if you, me or who uses free
software privately, that is not matter of GNU project as it is private
matter.

We create fully free operating systems. We do not intrude in privacy
of people.

Yes, it is common sense that in GNU project we do not steer users
towards proprietary systems.

This means that in GNU software, mailing lists and chat, and websites,
we do not point to proprietary systems as non-free programs are
injustice, and we shall not bring users to position to give up their
freedom.

Applying the Free Software Criteria - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/applying-free-sw-criteria.en.html

People are free to discuss anything, but as it is GNU project, those
who are aware may ask and wonder why is proprietary software endorsed
or referenced on GNU mailing lists.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns