Re: Best android app

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Best android app
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 14:54:50 +0300

* Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> [2022-10-16 19:10]:
> On 16/10/2022 14:32, Jean Louis wrote:
> > * Max Nikulin [2022-10-16 08:28]:
> > > I do not have strong opinion concerning proprietary application.
> > > Requirements for worg section as driven by user content are not so strict
> > > as
> > > for the main part of the Org site that must adhere to FSF rules. Perhaps
> > > it
> > > is possible to separate non-free software by some discouraging
> > > disclaimer.
> >
> > If I am not mistaken, you propose or initiate discussing how to list
> > proprietary software on some websites.
>
> You are mistaken. I do not care if such discussion will happen. However I do
> not mind to have a peer reviewed list somewhere. It may be helpful to figure
> out what features and what workflows have not covered by free
> software yet.

Of course it is helpful to write free software that implements some
useful features found elsewhere.

Though for that, we can't steer users to review non-free software as
that means to let them give up on their freedom.

Many features may be discussed without running non-free sofware. And
in same cases one has to run non-free software to write free software.

I find it unfortunate that some people create proprietary software
that uses Org files.

However, IMHO and according to principles of free software, such as
not to steer users towards non-free software, then no links to
proprietary software shall be added from Org website pages, as Org is
part of Emacs which is part of GNU fully free operating system
distributions.

See: https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html

--
Jean